We believe the relationship between the counselor and client is integral to the therapy process. Therefore, we strive to match each client with the therapist who best meets the client’s needs. Learn more about our counselors as well as our support staff below.
Dr. Christie Rogers-Larke, Clinical Director
EdD, NCC, DCC, RPT-S, LPC-S, BCPCC
Dr. Rogers-Larke believes that every person has the power to heal themselves and problems are simply symptoms of things that are going on. She specializes in child, adolescent and family therapy and has training in a variety of modalities. As such, she tailors her approaches to best meet your needs (CBT therapies, art and play therapies, behavioral approaches, social skills and trauma techniques).
Therapy, in its truest sense, is not about comfort because it is never easy dealing with some of our issues, but her goal is to make the process supportive and safe. She has a variety of specialty areas, including ADHD, women’s issues, trauma, and children. Dr. Rogers-Larke attempts to make abstract concepts concrete and assists clients in finding ways to apply them to their lives. If needed, services can also be offered at a distance once the treatment is determined.
Licensure & Certificates
- Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor (LPC-S, South Carolina)
- EMDR – level 1 & 2 certified
- Nationally certified counselor (NCC)
- Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor (BCPCC)
- Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S)
- Distance Credentialed Counselor (DCC)
- Certification in school guidance
- Certified Teacher: Elementary/ Deaf/ Learning Disabled
- Advanced Sign Language Skills
- Extensive training in a variety of modalities
Marcia Haynes, Therapist
M.A., GCDF, LPC
Working in the counseling field for over twenty years, Ms. Haynes is passionate about caregiver issues and working with children. Trained in expressive therapies, play therapy and sensory issues, she also has fluency in American sign language. Her specialty areas are autistic spectrum disorders, children and adolescents.
Licensure & Certificates
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Certification in School Counselor
- Certification as a Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF)
Michael Larke, Coordinator
Michael has worked in the field of behavioral health for the last twenty years in a variety of positions. He is a Certified Anger Management Specialist and a Certified Life Coach.
At Outside of the Box, he leads both parenting and anger management classes. He is also moving more into the counseling realm but, at present, is not a licensed therapist.