Meet Dr. Christie Rogers-Larke
Dr. Christie Rogers-Larke
- Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor (LPC-S, South Carolina)
- EMDRIA CIT
- EMDR Child Specialist Certified
- Nationally certified counselor (NCC)
- Clinically Certified Trauma Professional (CCTP)
- Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor (BCPCC)
- Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S)
- Board Certified-Telemental Health Provider (BC-TMH)
- Certified Anger Management Specialist-II
- Somatic Experiencing Specialist- level I
- Project Best Certified (TF-CBT)
- CHADD certified group leader
- Certification in school guidance
- Certified Teacher: Elementary/ Deaf/ Learning Disabled
- Trained by Behavioral Tech in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Trained in sandtray and expressive therapies
- Advanced Sign Language Skills
Nature of Supervision
- Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor for over 25 years
- Supervise play therapy
- Able to provide supervision in EMDR
- 30 years as a professional counselor working with mental health, school-based mental health, school counseling and private practice
- Public speaker on ADHD and childhood mental health issues
- Private group owner/practitioner for over 15 years
- Integrative therapist pulling predominately from Choice theory, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies and Somatic Interventions
- Integrative EMDR therapist serving both adults and children
- Expert Witness in two states and three counties for mental health in children
- Experienced with custodial situations, including parental reunification and co-parenting
All of our communication becomes part of the clinical record, which is accessible to you upon request. I will keep confidential anything you say as part of our counseling relationship, with the following exceptions: (a) you direct me in writing to disclose information to someone else, (b) it is determined you are a danger to yourself or others (including child or elder abuse), or (c) I am ordered by a court to disclose any information. There may be times when aspects of your case will be discussed during case consultation among the team at OTBT. All therapists are bound by confidentiality requirements.
According to the 1996 legislation, all communications between clients and their licensed professional counselor are considered privileged. Additionally, an LPC must maintain privileged communications and patient confidentiality. All records of treatments maintained by LPCs are confidential and must not be disclosed except under certain circumstances (listed below). It is also clear that we may not release the identity of any person in alcohol or drug abuse treatment except as provided in the Public Health Service Act, Title 42, Code of Federal Regulation.
1) We are mandated reporters for suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation of a child or vulnerable adult;
- We have a duty to warn if there is clear and immediate danger to a person or persons;
- If you are a defendant in an action arising from treatment, you may reveal confidences disclosed only in the course of that action;
- If the client is a party in a criminal or civil proceeding, including a commitment hearing, information may be shared with the court;
- If a client introduces his mental condition as an element of a claim or defense, information may be shared with the court;
- If the client gives you a Release, you can disclose confidential information (special note: if you treat a couple or family, a waiver from each person legally competent to execute a waiver must occur, or no confidences may be disclosed).
- If I am asked to provide information about clinical experience in the form of a recommendation for a job, licensure, or certification.
- Disclosures made in triadic or group supervision cannot be absolutely guaranteed as confidential. Although I will take every measure to encourage confidentiality and act appropriate if confidentiality is not upheld.
Some health insurance companies will reimburse clients for counseling services and some will not. In addition, most will require that a diagnosis of a mental-health condition and indicate that you must have an “illness” before they will agree to reimburse you. Some conditions for which people seek counseling do not qualify for reimbursement. If a qualifying diagnosis is appropriate in your case, I will inform you of the diagnosis before we submit the diagnosis to the health insurance company. Any diagnosis made will become part of your permanent insurance records. In addition, if an insurance company requires a diagnosis, I will make sure that I take my time in developing this diagnosis, and intend to educate the client on stigma and additional societal pressures related to this particular mental illness. I do believe that an accurate diagnosis cannot be made within the first counseling session, so by making sure that I receive an in-depth understanding of the client's entire physical, spiritual, and emotional states, are greatly valued when it comes to one’s own intuitiveness and accuracy with regards to diagnosis.
Session Fees and Length of Service
- Most individual sessions will last approximately 55-60 minutes - $100/hr
- Intake, typically 60-90 minutes - $125
- Group Therapy – varies depending on the group
- LPC supervision- Individual rates are $40 per hour; Group rates are $125 for four people.
- EMDR consultation $75/hour
- RPT Supervision only $40/hour
- Methods of payment accepted (cash, check, credit card, etc) and information about billing or insurance reimbursement (for therapy).
In case of emergency, you can reach me by phone (864)597-9493 or via text in spruce.
Although clients are encouraged to discuss any concerns with me, you may file a complaint against me with the organization below should you feel I am in violation of any of these codes of ethics. I abide by the ACA Code of Ethics (http://www.counseling.org/Resources/aca-code-of-ethics.pdf).
South Carolina Board of Licensed Professional Counselors
South Carolina Dept. of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
P.O. Box 11329
Columbia, SC 29211
Feeling Overwhelmed & Stressed?
Life can be overwhelming, stressful and frustrating at times! Don't let it control your life! At Outside Of The Box Therapy, we have counseling services tailor made for the obstacles in your life! Don't wait. Schedule an appointment with us today! Please note there may be a wait time depending on therapist.
Join The Outside Of The Box Therapy Newsletter
Learn the latest news on how our counseling services can help you through difficult times in your life.